Nov 2014 - Present
Since late 2014, I have developed a strong passion for programming. Starting with Scratch and gradually working my way upwards, I now have significant experience from over the years with:
Python: the start of my programming journey. From
print("Hello World")to polymorphism and inheritance, python is an all-rounder. In addition, I completed my GCSE Computer Science project using Python and the Tkinter module for my GUI.
- C++: a slightly lower-level programming language compared to python; I used C++ to make applications with Qt 5.
- C#: more recently, I have taken up C# to create cross-platform applications with Xamarin.Forms, native applications using Xamarin and some exploration with Unity.
- HTML: my first markup language; this webpage was created with HTML.
- CSS: as with the point above, I used CSS to add colour and presentability to some HTML pages.
- QML: I used QML alongside C++ when creating applications with Qt.
- XAML: my favourite markup language, which I used to create views for my Xamarin.Forms application.
- XML/AXML: yet another markup language I have used to create views for Xamarin.Android applications.
Dec 2015 - Present
Having designed and maintained www.dmrm.co.uk with the use of Wix from a very young age,
I am currently exploring web development with ASP.NET.
I recently undertook the ASP.NET Core MVC - Up and Running Part 1 (.NET 5) course. This course has led me to discover my passion for website and web app development and its importance in stable applications. The course was focused around creating a web application for processing paving enquiries and I believe I can use what I have learnt to create my very own system of some sort in the near future.
I also undertook the ASP.NET Core MVC - Up and Running Part 2 (.NET 5) course, which furthered my understanding of ASP.NET Core and gave me a stronger insight into creating web applications.
Nov 2020 - Present
During the second national lockdown, I took the opportunity to complete The Complete Xamarin Developer Course.
This has introduced me to the world of application development, and more importantly, cross-platform application development. Xamarin lets me utilise my knowledge of C#
to create mobile applications for Android, UWP, iOS, macOS, watchOS and macOS. I have also furthered my understanding of the use of git (and Github) and Microsoft's App Center to build, test and distribute applications.
I also undertook The Advanced Xamarin Developer Masterclass to build on to the basics I have learnt and prepare myself for more advanced application development. I thoroughly enjoyed the content of this course and I look forward to continuing to use what I have learnt to contribute to the world of technology.